Spectacular Scandinavia & its Fjords - Summer 2020
Spectacular Scandinavia & Its Fjords – Summer 2020
Revel in outstanding Scandinavian scenery as you cruise the glassy fjords and ride the Flåm Railway. In the cities, soak up the seafaring history and lively cultural scene.
- Hardangerfjord: Hear all about the production processes and sample authentic apple cider at a traditional family-run fruit farm.
- Bergen: Delight in the fresh flavours of a Farm-to-Table meal when you dine at a local restaurant.
- Oslo: At your Celebration Dinner, Scandinavian hospitality is matched with fine food and wine.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 5 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Nusnäs: Meet the delightful and entertaining Olsson family when you visit their workshop to witness the creation of a colourful wooden horse. The Olsson’s have handed down the skills of their handcraft through the generations.
Top Rated Highlights
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at the glittering Tivoli Gardens, the world-famous entertainment park, full of fantasy, fun and charm.
- Copenhagen: Your Local Expert shows you Christiansborg Palace, Copenhagen Cathedral, Rosenborg Castle, Amalienborg Palace, the Renaissance Stock Exchange and the unusual Rundertaarn which is the oldest functioning Observatory in Europe.
- Roskilde: Visit the first Gothic cathedral in Scandinavia, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Øresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It’s the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 16 kilometres. Pass through the man made Peberholm Island which has become a haven for flora and fauna.
- Stockholm: With your Local Expert, visit Gamla Stan to see the cathedral where Swedish kings have been coronated and wander the narrow streets of the Old Town.
- Stockholm: Inside the rose-hued City Hall, the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall is covered by 18 million gilded mosaic tiles and the Blå hallen, the Blue Hall, is the venue for the Nobel Prize banquets.
- Sigtuna: Led by your Travel Director, see the tiny City Hall in the old Viking capital.
- Uppsala: Visit the Gothic cathedral.
- Falun: View the Great Pit, a vast crater caused by an enormous mine collapse in 1687.
- Sälen: Stop in this city known as the host to the world’s oldest and longest cross-country ski race.
- Lillehammer: Explore the town where the 1994 Winter Olympics were held.
- Geiranger: Enjoy an orientation of Geiranger to learn more about this small village and the surrounding Fjords.
- Geiranger: Cruise along the deep, blue waters of majestic Geirangerfjord, surrounded by snow-covered mountains, gushing waterfalls and lush green vegetation.
- Fjærland: Enjoy a photo-stop at the Bøya Glacier.
- Fjærland: All you ever wanted to know about ice flows and how they sculpt the landscape, fjords and mountains, awaits you at the fascinating Norwegian Glacier Museum.
- Leikanger: Learn about this quaint little coastal town from your Travel Director.
- Flåm Railway: Journey on one of the world’s steepest railways through tunnels that spiral in and out of the mountainside of the narrow Flåm Valley.
- Bergen: With your Local Expert, see the many colourful stalls of the lively Fish Market and marvel at the 13th century Haakon’s Hall.
- Oslo: With your Local Expert, see Akershus Castle, Oslo Harbour and the Royal Palace.
- Oslo: Take a moment to contemplate the interesting Vigeland sculptures when you visit Frogner Park.
- Oslo: Stand beneath the scrolled prows and hand-cut hulls of 9th century ships that carried Viking nobles to the afterlife and learn about their traditions and culture.
- Scenic Drives: The natural scenery of southern Scandinavia is truly an experience in itself. Travel through the Skåne Region, along Lake Vättern, Lake Mälaren, the Dalecarlia, and Lake Siljan. Pass the Dalarna Region, Mjøsa, travel through ‘Peer Gynt’ Country, Geiranger, Fjordland, Sognefjord and across Hardanger Plateau.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to Copenhagen.
Scenic farmlands of Sweden.
Stockholm, City of Islands.
Sigtuna, Uppsala and Falun.
Geiranger, Jewel of the Fjords.
Geiranger at Leisure.
Fjærland and Fjordland.
The Flåm Railway to Bergen.
The Hanseatic port of Bergen.
Mountains and Fjords to Oslo.
Out of Oslo.